Your choice of steel building accessories will make the designing process of your next project more exciting. Your structure’s uniqueness and functionality all depend on the components you will add up to your basic structural design.
Compare Prefab Building Prices and save up to 30%!
For Agricultural & Business Applications, Select Commercial To Begin.
Compare Prefab Building Prices and save up to 30%!
While it is true that steel buildings are affordable, the quoted price that is usually provided by the manufacturer only accounts the basic structural design. It does not include yet steel building accessories that can quickly add up to the total cost. Your manufacturer may have probably advised you on what is the appropriate base condition for your building or the importance of choosing a premium quality steel. One thing that they can’t you help with is deciding ultimately when it comes to customized components. Each steel building is defined by its own functionality and intended application. Only you can ascertain which steel building accessories will boost its function and aesthetic appearance.
Below are a few common steel building accessories that can take your structure from its standard prefabricated form to a more functional, and energy-efficient one that will truly reflect the kind of business you do or meet your residential requirements.
1. Roofing siding and trim components. You would not want to walk through a virtual Niagara Falls each time the rain pours, would you? Hence, amongst the most important things to order are gutters, downspouts, and cover trim. While the trim boosts your structure’s exterior appearance the downspouts and gutters ensure you are well protected from rain pours.
Moreover, the roof siding directs moisture and rainwater away from the building to prevent water pooling and hence makes your structure less vulnerable to any unwanted damage. It also keeps your roof clean and tidy. Gutters also add to the structure’s elegance. Make sure however to only use wider and deeper gutters. They must also have extended outside edges.
2. Insulation. Remember to invest only in quality products and reap a huge amount of savings over the course of your steel building’s lifetime. One of the steel building accessories you should not mind spending extra dollars into is insulation. It serves two primary purposes – it prevents air escape and maintains comfortable indoor temperature. If you want to reduce your HVAC load significantly and save both money and energy, buy an adequate insulation for your steel building. Moreover, another advantage of a proper insulation is that it is able to reduce outside noise levels.
Below are various insulation options you can choose from depending on your requirements:
- Spray Foam Insulation – This type of insulation comes in a polymer containing a liquid form that immediately turns into solid plastic when sprayed on ceiling, floors, and walls. This is perfect for filling gaps of well-shaped buildings.
- Loose-fill Insulation – Here’s a cheap option where it only uses a special tool to loose fiber or blow fiber pellets into the structure’s cavities.
- Right Board Insulation. This method uses polyurethane, fiberglass or polystyrene and is best used on flat roofs.
- Batt and Blanket Insulation. This option involves fiberglass panels or mineral fiber measuring 4-8 feet that were pre-cut in the form of rolls. It is the cheapest among the four options.
The cost of insulation may range from $3-5 per square foot depending on the building structure, the type and R-value of insulation
3. Windows. Windows are necessary steel building accessories since they add natural light to the interior of your structure. Not to mention the pleasure an outside view brings. Moreover, aside from the obvious reason that natural light is healthy for the soul, it is also effective in helping you reduce your utility bills as you would not need more overhead lighting during the day. You may also want to add complementary wall lights and skylights to your windows. A translucent panel can be used in a steel building to effectively transmit sunlight into your structure. It typically costs about $75 for a 3’x10’ wall light.
4. Doors. There is a wide range of door types you can choose from to meet your specific needs. Sliding doors can be perfect for a loading bay, manufacturing facilities, or warehouses. Smaller buildings will need walk doors while individual offices may require exterior entrances. For a more professional appearance, a storefront door could be the best solution to boost the aesthetic of your reception areas and welcoming entrance.
5. Ridge vents. Ridge vents are essential especially when you live in areas with a warm climate. What they do is they accumulate warm air to vent outside and hence lower the temperature inside your structure during hot seasons. This is also particularly necessary when your business requires machinery or equipment that produce hot air. It also helps your HVAC system to take the pressure off. During cold seasons, you may use dampers to completely shut them off or control their use.
6. Cupolas. Cupolas add charm to your steel building but they also increase its functionality. They usually come with windows, vents and other features that can boost the energy efficiency of your structure.
7. Liner panels. Aside from they give your metal building a more finished look, liner panels protect walls and insulation. They are usually three-feet wide and are screwed to the framing to cover pointed and exposed edges. Included in these panels are column trim, framed opening trim, and top trim. There are two types of liner panels to choose from: the partial and full liner panels. Partial liner panels are stretched to a 7.4 feet tall girth while full panels are attached from floor to roof. They are fixed to the eave struts on side walls.
The above-mentioned steel building accessories are important things to consider carefully before drafting the plan for your next construction project. They are just mere suggestions and it is still all up to you to decide which ones to include or not. After all, it is still you who know exactly what you need. To get a more accurate quote and a more functional structure, evaluate your steel building accessories ahead of time.
Prefab Building Styles
Prefab Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Kits
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Buildings
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.
Mobile office trailers are an effective solution for a sales team requiring extra work space or a project manager needing a fleet of mobile offices quickly on site. All sizes are constructed with a steel door, vinyl-sided walls and windows and an insulated rubber roof.