If you’ve got tools and equipment, you’d most probably store them in a car garage but you’d most likely not want to build your project there. With creativity and proper organizations skills, however, you can actually turn your extra space into an ultimate steel garage workshop you can be comfortable with. Since it has the advantage of isolation, you can do the things you are interested in without annoying your household members with the noise and mess you produce.
Compare Prefab Building Prices and save up to 30%!
For Agricultural & Business Applications, Select Commercial To Begin.
Compare Prefab Building Prices and save up to 30%!
There are some instances when a workshop and a car garage are mixed in one space. If you’re looking at building a home auto shop, you might want to consider redesigning the layout in such a way that you get the best of both worlds – a garage space with personalized workshop.
A garage typically refers to a building that serves as a shelter for your car. If you’re looking at protecting a fleet of company cars or a personal car collection, or you merely would like additional space for the vehicles you utilize everyday, a steel garage could make a very fine option.
A workshop is sometimes closely associated with personal projects. It is usually used by mechanics, carpenters, artists, and engineers to draft plans, build and refine projects as well as store tools, materials, and equipment. If you need extra space to store supplies other than your car, a steel workshop is possibly the best solution.
In areas with more temperate climates, steel garages usually make better workshops than basements. If you want it ventilated, you can just simply roll the machinery outside or open the garage door. Moreover, steel garages usually have high open trusses or ceilings which allow for easy maneuvering of larger tools and create taller projects without worrying about overhead restrictions.
Transforming your steel garage workshop into something more useful
One great thing about a private steel garage is that it can be transformed into a wide range of applications that can be useful for any hobby or job you’ve got. Do you annoy your family members with your new found love for stringed instruments? You can perhaps consider re-purposing your garage into a private music studio. This will allow you to play and record at any volume. Do you love brewing beer? Steal some extra space and learn home distillery techniques. Do you have some friends staying overnight? Keep them comfy by building an extra room. There are endless possibilities on how to customize your steel garage
Recommended steel garage workshop building size
Building a garage or workshop space alone can add up to 13% to your home value. Just imagine how much reward you could get by simply combining the two in one space. Some even would turn their existing garage into an extra room or a new living area. Whatever you intend to do, a garage can be an untapped gem waiting to be discovered.
To maximize fully your extra space to build a garage or workshop or combination of the two, below are examples of ideal steel building size:
|one car garage||20′||15′|
|one car garage + storage||20′||20′|
|two car garage||30′||30′|
|two car garage + storage||40′||30′|
When building your garage or workshop, it is important to think outside the box. The priority should be an ample space for storage. The last thing you’d like to happen is building a new garage or workshop but only to find out it cannot accommodate all the things you need to store. Experts advise that an additional six feet to the width of your steel garage could result in significant storage space right after where you place your tools or park your vehicle.
Moreover, an additional six feet is already sufficient to append a 3070 man-door beside the sectional door or the roll up. To build a man cave, meanwhile, make sure every functional detail is cemented before personalizing your space with anything from computers to speaker systems and other gadgets.
Seven Quick tips in building your steel garage workshop
Adding width to your steel garage is one necessary step to give ample space for your workshop but it does not constitute the whole picture. Below are things you need to do to build a successful steel garage workshop.
- Schedule a garage sale. It’s time to say goodbye to your long-held stuff and make way for the new. Holding a garage and sticking to the date will not only help you get rid of stuff you no longer use while earning some money to buy new tools or organization materials.
- Get things of the floor. It will not only make your workspace clean but also safe. Getting things off the floor help you avoid tripping and makes it a lot easier to spot items when they are neatly organized and hanging on the wall.
- Purchase tool storage. Tools are a primary investment and hence you need to protect them with a premium tool chest. Make sure they are nicely organized and as much as possible lockable.
- Setup ample electrical outlets instead of using extension cords. Make sure to also place electrical outlets for a heater, AC units, televisions or radios, and lighting. As much as possible, hire an electrician to help you plan and install the power outlets.
- Upgrade your lighting. Chances are, the garage lighting was actually not amongst the primary consideration when the homes were built. Since you’d now be using it not only to park your car, it is necessary to upgrade your lighting.
- Insulate your garage. As much as nobody wants to work in a sauna, you’d most likely not want to wear a heavy coat while working too.
- Give your steel garage floor an epoxy finish. Doing so will not only allow for easier cleaning but also provides extra grip.
Prefab Building Styles
Prefab Buildings come in a variety of styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Quonset Hut Kits
Quonset Hut Steel Buildings are suitable from residential to farming to commercial purposes. This type of building style is very popular for building a DIY workshop on your property. This style of building will have extreme versatility and you will enjoy the ease of assembly.
Steel Frame Buildings
Steel Frame Metal Buildings are an economical solution for both commercial, and smaller residential construction. There style has straight walls with a gable or sloped roofing system. They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.
Mobile office trailers are an effective solution for a sales team requiring extra work space or a project manager needing a fleet of mobile offices quickly on site. All sizes are constructed with a steel door, vinyl-sided walls and windows and an insulated rubber roof.